Dealer Engine Prep
Validates warranty. Includes filling oil, completing a full OEM checklist, test run in tank, drain fluids, quart/s of oil added to crate, recrating. Assures a working engine.
Standard Fee for services performed & products used on each new vessel, requested by all manufacturers to validate and assist in all warranties.
We install a deep cycle marine battery, fully rig steering components, complete electrical and systems check. We conduct a full system check on the motor, fill with oil, fluids, and fuel, then test run in a test tank.
Once everything is tuned and prepared, a sea trial is performed with two Specialists to achieve ideal RPM-to-top-speed ratio, ensuring the boat gets on plane properly, and all systems operate on water.
Afterwards a full detail is performed on the tubes, deck, and hull to be turn-key ready for the customer.
CA DMV Registration
We will take care of your CA DMV registration for the vessel, which includes signing a Power of Attorney for the registration. We will email over a Power of Attorney to be signed and sent back. Once we have that, we mail out the temporary pink slip and stickers.
Just add water! The 228 Commander is a versatile sport-fisher and day-cruiser designed to gratify even the most demanding boat captain with plenty of features for keeping the family entertained. The 228 Commander is outfitted with a Yamaha 150hp four-stroke outboard that offers excellent fuel economy, providing an exceptional on-water experience. All Sea Fox boats are built using an all-composite foam-cored fiberglass construction technique for enduring strength and durability, making the Commander line the ultimate coastal rig. The 228 Commander comes standard with a variety of factory-fitted gear and equipment, allowing for extended days out on the water. Ocean fishers will appreciate the boats 30-gallon aquarium view, live well bait tank, and an assortment of rod holders placed strategically across the boats hardtop, gunwales, and transom. When not fishing, the Commander makes the ideal family boat with a built-in sun lounge, enclosed head compartment with a chemical toilet, icebox, and comfortable seating for up to eight adults.
Both fisherman and boating enthusiasts will agree that the 228 Commander offers a distinctive and versatile vessel. For those just entering the boating world, the 228 Commander has all the features that are likely to make the whole crew happy.
- Centerline Length: 22' 4"
- Beam: 8' 6"
- Bridge Clearance: 99"
- Dry Weight: 2700 Lbs
- Maximum Weight: 4,441 lb
- Fuel Capacity: 90 gal
- Capacity: 8 People
- Maximum Horsepower: 250 hp
Standard Boat Features
- 12-volt power point
- Anchor locker
- Battery switch
- Bilge pumps - automatic (1100 GPH) (1 primary & 1 back up)
- Boot stripe (silver) (only available on White Pearl hull)
- Bulkhead fittings for hydraulic hoses (splashwell)
- Cockpit - self-bailing w/SST grates
- Composite hull & deck
- Console - compass
- Console - dash shroud
- Console - dash space for flush electronics (compatible for (2) 10" displays)
- Console - dash "SF" backlit logo
- Console - door (lockable) w/magnetic bottle opener
- Console - footrest/storage insert
- Console - forward seat w/backrest
- Console - full digital gauge instrumentation (2 gauge set up, tachometer, speedometer, volt, fuel, backlight & push button functions (for XA & XB single motors); single multifunction digital gauge w/tachometer, speedometer, volt, fuel, fuel management, backlight & push button functions (for XCA single motors)
- Console - horn
- Console - portable toilet
- Cup holders (10)
- Fuel/water separator
- Gel coat - Isothalic & vinylester barrier coat (hull & deck)
- Lights - courtesy (LED) (2)
- Lights - live well lights
- Lights - navigation (rub rail mount) (LED)
- Live well - 800 GPH aerated (30 gallons; pressurized)
- Live well - aquarium window (pressurized)
- Live well - dip net storage with 8" dip net
- Prerig for 1 battery
- Rod storage - gunwales
- Upholstery - bench seat (aft)
- Upholstery - bow backrests (fold out)(2)
- Upholstery - bow seating w/curved backrests Upholstery - coaming pads
- Upholstery - faux teak decking Upholstery - marine grade vinyl
- Upholstery - seat w/cushion & backrest (forward of console)
- Washdown - raw water